Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gay Marriage... strike that and make it just Marriage

I mentioned in my very first Blog entry that I used to lean more conservative, but am now an extreme liberal. I think the beginning of the end of my conservatism was the gay marriage issue. I just couldn't understand what the hoopla was about. And I still don't.

For some reason, this issue has again been on my mind. Gay marriages are legal in Canada, and have been for some time. I am proud of that (although I admittedly had very little to do with the decision). The denial of rights is a slipperier slope than is extending rights to same sex couples. Now that it is legal and everyone's fear about their marriage being effected has not come to pass, I would hope the issue would be put to rest.

I don't have much to say right now, but I want to say this. I will no longer call same sex couple being married a "gay marriage". It is a marriage plain* and simple.


*Hahahahaha! I initially put Palin and simple. Oh, that's funny, considering the subject.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, it is a marriage plain and simple. I wish more people thought that way.

    ReplyDelete