Friday, January 29, 2010

I need a mantra or something.

I am weeks behind in my "My Life In Pictures" posts.  I know this and it is making me mad.  You see, I lost the cord to get the pictures off of my camera.  It will turn up sometime, but until then the pictures will remain on it.

This bothers me on a whole other level besides the frustration of not being able to get my pictures.  I have been on antidepressants now for over two years for clinical depression.  Before I was on them, I was a mess, my house was a mess, my life was a mess.  A lost camera cord then would have been par for the course.  Now, my life is on track and everything has a place.  My camera cord has a place, and it is not in it.  I have worked hard to get to where I am with my depression and something as little as a missing camera cord is enough to make me cry.  It feels like there is someone who walking behind me trying to undo all of the work that I have done.

I know that I'm being unreasonable and that knowledge helps me get through my day.  Things are going to get lost from time to time.  Papers are going to be forgotten to be signed.  We will sleep in on a school day.  These things will happen and I have got to let that go and just accept it as part of life and not think of it as some sort of cosmic bad karma that is out to get me.  I need a mantra or something to chant when these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment